How To Choose The Right E-liquid for your Needs

How To Choose The Right E-liquid for your Needs

How To Choose The Right E-liquid for your Needs

E-liquid or electronic liquid is the liquid that is converted to vapors in an electronic cigarette device. It is also known as e-juice or vape juice. It consists of a mixture of water, propylene glycol, vegetable glycol and comes in an array of flavors with varying nicotine levels.

VG is a vegetable based liquid that has a thick consistency and a sweet flavor. PG  is an organic glycerol made from propylene oxide, a petroleum byproduct and helps in distributing taste and flavors throughout the e-juice. They make about 90% of the contents in e-liquid while nicotine and flavoring make up the remaining 10%.

Here are the most popular flavor options in an e-liquid:

  1. Tobacco Flavoured E-juice

Tobacco flavored e-juices are mostly preferred by ex-smokers to satisfy their craving for tobacco without the harmful tar, carbon monoxide, and carcinogens involved in regular smoking.

  1. Single Flavoured E-juice

This is an extremely popular flavor option where the buyer can choose the desired nicotine strength as well as VG and PG blend to customize it according to his/her liking.

  1. Multiple Flavoured E-juice

Many companies also offer multiple flavored e-juices where the buyer can experiment with different flavors and create a unique, exclusive flavor of their choice. By combining a few of your most enjoyable e-liquid flavors together, you may end up with your new all-time favorite.

There are well over 7,000 different e-liquid flavors available in the market today. Many of these flavors are downright amazing while some are a little bit of an acquired taste.

However, choosing the right e-liquid isn’t just about the flavors. It is also about the amount of vapor, the nicotine content and ultimately, your personal preference.

Here are some important considerations to keep in mind while selecting an e-juice:

  1. Varying VG and PG levels

VG and PG levels also influence the flavor and experience of your e-liquid, so make sure you make the right choice for you. VG is milder and can give bigger cloud whereas PG is more acerbic with more intense flavor. Generally, a 50 / 50 ratio is the preferred range to get an excellent blend of flavor, throat hit, and vapor.

  1. Preferred Nicotine Level

Electronic cigarettes prefer a safe alternative to traditional smoking because you can adjust the level of nicotine content to suit your requirements. If you were a heavy smoker, an e-liquid with about 15- 24 mg nicotine level would be preferable at first with a slow decrease in the nicotine level over time. There are also e-juices that are absolutely nicotine free.

  1. Verify The Quality

Not all e-liquids are created in the same conditions and with the same ingredients. A low-quality e-juice can degrade your vaping experience. Make sure to buy them only from reputable vendors and best e-juice brands where they’re created with laboratory grade ingredients. This ensures that you enjoy the maximum flavor as well as protects you against harmful toxins from low-grade ingredients that can pose serious health risks.

  1. Price

With e-liquids, you get what you pay for. It is generally recommended that you don’t skimp too much while purchasing an e-liquid. Many companies offer trial sizes so opt for those instead of buying a bigger size only to find out later that you don’t like the flavor.  Look for reputable brands that offer e-juices at reasonable prices or keep your eyes open for season sales or festive offers where you can get a good bargain.

  1. Consider Your E-cig Setup

All setups are not the same. Determine whether your e-cig has a regular tank or a sub-ohm one. Regular tanks tend to provide a more authentic smoking experience, and can more effectively provide nicotine. Sub-ohm tanks, on the other hand, are designed to vaporize a larger amount of e-liquid in a shorter amount of time but in return provide thicker and flavourful clouds. This means you need more amount of e-liquid (and money!) with a sub ohm tank than with a regular one.

Finding an e-liquid will seem like a gargantuan task as compared to buying an e-cig. This is because there are so many different options to choose from. Start by asking yourself what flavors you enjoy best. With a little trial and error, you will learn how to find the best satisfy your taste. You can also read reviews and talk to experts for recommendations. Overall, be patient with yourself and your choices as it takes a great taste, a keen eye for quality and a drive to have only the best.

Share this post